By No Pasarán Hamburg
Although the Red Flag of the Soviet Union was already flying over the Reichstag on May 1, 1945, Hitler fascists shot, wounded and killed Red Army soldiers. The day of struggle of the proletariat became a public holiday in Berlin 75 years ago only during the course of May 2, when the last fascists surrendered. A large formation of the Red Army rushed from Berlin to Prague to destroy the SS and Wehrmacht units there, which were bloodily suppressing the popular uprising. On May 9, 1945, Moscow time, victory over fascism was achieved. This ended the terrorist regime of the German capitalists and their helpers. The sacrifices of the Soviet people and their Red Army made the main contribution.
OUR THANKS TO ALL THOSE CARRIED OUT THE ACT OF LIBERATION!
They will never be forgotten. Our warm anti-fascist greetings to all veterans on the 75th anniversary of the Victory!
|Soviet military traffic control officer Maria Shalnova,
Berlin, May 1, 1945.
Photo: Yevgeny Khaldei
In the western part of the country, however, the occupation forces of the United States and Great Britain did everything possible to protect and promote as many carriers of fascism as possible and to make them their instruments; they again became the ruling class of a capitalist front state, for aggression and war against the GDR, the Soviet Union, socialism and the international proletariat. And 45 years after May 9, 1945, in the spring of 1990, after decades of sabotage, psychological warfare, infiltration, corruption and, above all, massive arms buildup, they had achieved their goal: the GDR was overrun — and neither there, and certainly not here in the west, was there any significant resistance to it. The Soviet power was also destroyed … Thus the barricade that had slowed capitalism, and repeatedly forced it to disguise itself democratically, fell. The more capitalism and its ruling class come under pressure, the more aggression and terror must be used to ensure their continued existence. So the real development of the rotting system shows us what lies beneath the guise of democracy: naked violence.
And now that a deadly virus threatens our jobs, our lives, our future, this system is growing into a monster that wants to delay the end of capitalism with lies, stupidity and violence.
– The lives and health of tens of millions of people are sacrificed for an “economy” that only serves a handful of capitalists and their parasitic followers.
– Unimaginable financial resources are inflated to secure banks, corporations and production for war, while people working in the health sector and in other areas vital to society lack protective masks, clothing, all they need to protect their health and their families.
– People who managed not to drown in the Mediterranean are locked behind barbed wire in camps where the simplest hygienic means and often even water are lacking.
– Millions of people, in the poor countries of the Global South as well as in the U.S. and Europe, queue in endless lines for a little food while — as in the “Great Depression” of the 1930s — whole crops are burned, plowed under or rot, as Ernst Busch sang, “… and they throw the coffee into the fire, and they pour the wheat into the sea — and when will the sack beaters throw the robbers after them? …”
This system, this fascism of our time, will not be completely and forever dead until the proletarian revolution has killed capitalism.
We see an example in the socialist countries of Cuba and the People’s Republic of China:
– With measures whose absolute priority is the protection of the life and health of the people, state and social organs, especially the People’s Liberation Army and its medical service, led by communists, have largely brought the coronavirus epidemic under control. In a country of 1.6 billion people, the number of victims who could not be saved remained relatively few. In Wuhan, 7 out of 8 patients aged 100 years and over were cured.
– As soon as it was possible for medical personnel and manufacturers of medical equipment to do so, the PRC sent and continues to send help of various kinds to numerous countries, especially to Italy, which was so badly affected, and the Spanish state. The Cuban revolutionary government acts in the same way. This is happening while the European Union, especially the German government, is silent and selfishly dealing with itself. The people of Italy and other countries decorate balconies with Chinese and Cuban flags and will surely never forget who really helped them.
– People around the world will never forget that the capitalist powers continue their war of sanctions during this pandemic against Venezuela, Iran, Syria, Palestine, Cuba, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea …
We can’t take to the streets as usual on May 1, 2020 — let’s protest however we can without endangering our health and life with the virus!
Stop all sanctions against independent nations!
Protection of people’s life and health as the highest and absolute principle in all areas of society! Free protective equipment!
Socialization of all healthcare facilities!
Stop all unnecessary and hazardous work, with full pay!
Close all refugee camps in the EU and open up hotels, exhibition halls, all suitable empty buildings for them and all people who do not have a home!
Free basic food and medicines for all those in need!
And, BECAUSE WE ARE REALISTIC:
DOWN WITH MURDEROUS CAPITALISM!
LONG LIVE MAY 1!
LONG LIVE INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY!