Stop U.S.-Ukraine war crimes in Donbass!
Free Alexander Kushnarov & all political prisoners!
Part of the International Day of Action to Stop Genocide of Donbass Residents
Sunday, March 5 – 12 Noon
United Nations – Dag Hammarskjold Plaza1st Ave & 47 St., Manhattan
– STOP UKRAINE’S ATTACKS ON DONBASS NOW!
– Kiev must honor the Minsk agreements
– End U.S. funding and training for the Kiev regime & neo-Nazi groups
– Recognize the Donetsk & Lugansk People’s Republics
– International War Crimes Tribunal for Ukrainian President Poroshenko and his accomplices in Washington
ALSO: FREEDOM FOR ALEXANDER KUSHNAROV, father of one of the antifascists killed in Odessa on May 2, 2014. He was arrested Feb. 23 by the Ukrainian junta.
Since late January, the Donetsk and Lugansk republics have faced their worst wartime conditions in nearly two years, as the U.S.-backed Ukrainian government of President Petro Poroshenko escalates terror-bombing of homes, schools, hospitals, and essential services in cities and villages all along the front line.
At the same time, contradictory statements and belligerent actions by the Donald Trump administration in Washington have undermined lingering hopes in Donetsk, Lugansk and neighboring Russia for a significant change in the U.S. posture towards Ukraine that could lead to a de-escalation of the war.
A report released in Donetsk on Feb. 14 notes that 96 people have been wounded since Jan. 1, 2017 – half of them civilians, including six children. Since Feb. 3, more than 45 people have been killed by Ukrainian bombs. Since late January, Ukrainian forces have shelled homes, schools, hospitals, mines and vital infrastructure at a rate not seen in two years – leaving people in villages and cities without water, heat or electricity in the dead of winter.
Nearly 10,000 people have died since the war began three years ago, according to the UN, including over 100 children.
Tens of thousands of people in Donetsk and Lugansk, the former areas of eastern Ukraine that declared independence after a U.S.-backed coup in 2014, have signed a petition to the leaders of the United States, Germany and the Russian Federation, demanding they put a stop to Ukraine’s recent escalation of war in the region.
The Ukrainian government and neo-fascist armed groups at war with Donetsk and Lugansk have received massive funding and military training from Washington. It’s especially important for opponents of war, fascism and racism in the United States to show solidarity at this time, when the Donald Trump regime is threatening new wars around the globe and rapidly backing away from campaign promises to de-escalate conflict with Russia.
Called by: Solidarity with Novorossiya & Antifascists in Ukraine / International Action Center
INTERNATIONAL ACTION “Stop genocide of the residents of Donbass”
Venue: Embassies of Ukraine, OSCE and UN offices, Office of the President of countries in which the action will take place
Date and time: March 5, 2017, 12:00 Moscow time
Initiator: International Association “European Continent”
Partner : International Union of Antifascists
1) Moscow, Russian Federation
2) Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation
3) Sofia, Bulgaria, Sofia
4) Chisinau, Moldova, Chisinau
5) Dendermonde, Belgium
6) Tallin, Estonia
7) Milan, Italy
8) Warsaw, Poland
9) Prague, Czech Republic
10) Zurich, Switzerland
11) Amsterdam, Netherlands
12) New York, United States
13) Donetsk, Donetsk People’s Republic
14) Lugansk, Lugansk People’s Republic
Other locations to be added
Participants of “Stop Genocide of Residents of Donbass” will provide evidence of the killing of the children of Donbass by soldiers of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and other military formations of Ukraine.
Photos of dead children, accompanied by documents from official sources.
Participants of the rally will present their demands to the recipients or, in case of refusal of admission, to email addresses.
1. From the leaders of the countries, especially the signatories of the Minsk agreements, based on the decision of the Court of Dorogomilovsky on December 23, 2016, to legally recognize the territorial, voluntary and separate parts of the Ukrainian Armed Forces as a terrorist operation; recognition that a coup took place in Ukraine;
2. From the leader of the country, especially the signatories of the Minsk agreements, based on the decision Dorogomilovsky Court on December 23, 2016, the public, legal recognition of Poroshenko’s guilt of participating in the coup in Ukraine, and of genocide against the Russian-speaking population of Donbass;
3. To contact representatives of the UN and world human rights organizations with a request for the preparation of materials for an International Tribunal for the prosecution of Poroshenko and current deputies of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, on charges including genocide in the massacre of civilians in the Donbass, including the killing of children, women and the elderly.
Media representatives are invited to attend.
Sign the Petition: Stop Poroshenko! Save the people of Donbass!
Petition to be delivered to the President of Russian Federation Vladimir Putin, President of the United States Donald Trump and Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany Angela Merkel.