February 4: Today the initiative group “Civil Forum” voiced the demands set out in last Friday at the Forum by participants of anti-government protests.
The protesters demanded the preparation of conditions for the holding of early parliamentary elections, which must be met within the next 30 days. According to the speakers, elections must be held no later than autumn.
It was noted that the current government in Moldova is illegitimate, and the citizens did not vote for the authority which today heads the Republic of Moldova.
|Petrenko Group political prisoners: leaders and activists of the Red Bloc party.|
– Unconditional release of the Petrenko Group political prisoners, an end to persecution of protesters;
– Resignation of the Prosecutor General and the leaders of the National Centre for the Fight against Corruption;
– Resignation of all members of the Broadcasting Coordinating Council;
– Exclusion from the judicial system of judges suspected of corruption;
– Implementation of measures aimed at preventing the destruction of the banking system;
– Effective investigation of the “theft of the century” in the banking sector;
– Appointment of a new Central Election Commission on a competitive basis;
– Immediate registration of the opposition party “DA Platform” [for participation in elections].
In case of non-compliance, civil society representatives announced that the people have the right, as enshrined in the Preamble of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, to revolt against tyranny and oppression.